Space Camp has released information regarding the Space Camp Hall of Fame induction.
To get someone in, here are the criteria and how to nominate them…from the website:
- Nominations: A nomination for induction into the SPACE CAMP Hall of Fame may be submitted by any Alumni or friend of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. A nominee must meet the criteria in one of the following categories (nominee may meet criteria for multiple categories) :
- SPACE CAMP Alumnus : A former graduate of any SPACE CAMP and/or AVIATION CHALLENGE program. Must be at least 21 years of age and must have graduated from the program at least five (5) years prior to date of nomination. Nominees must be, or have been a credit to himself and the SPACE CAMP programs and have distinguished him/her self in their chosen professional field. The inductee may be either living or deceased.
- SPACE CAMP Counselor/Staff : A nominee must have been a member of the professional staff (including counselor, support staff) for at least 1 full season but that has retired or left the employ of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center at least 3 years prior to nomination. Must have distinguished him/her self by demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and achievement in his/her chosen professional field. The inductee may be living or deceased.
- SPACE CAMP Friend : Any person who has been a loyal and devoted supporter of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center and/or SPACE CAMP for a minimum of 5 years. The inductee may be either living or deceased.
- How many to be inducted: No more than ten (10) nominees from across all of the categories may be inducted in any given year.
- Selection Process: A nine-member selection committee made up of friends of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center will make selection of each year’s inductees.
- Nomination Form: should solicit the following information from nominator:
- Candidate Name (Maiden Name if applicable); Address; Phone
- Dates Attended and/or Employed
- Nominated by; Phone
- Outstanding Achievements while attending/employed
- Personal/Professional Achievements to date in chosen professional field. (Where are they now?)
No word on when nominations are due, so I would suggest you error on the side of caution and get them in sooner rather than later.