Well, the wait is finally over. The Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission has new members.
The article, including the list of the Board members, can be found here .
Personally, I’m disappointed that at least one of a couple of individuals I had in mind weren’t appointed.
It really just looks like an uninspired list of bureaucrats and businessmen. Essential, to be sure, but the Alabama Space Science Exhibit Commission surely shouldn’t be composed only of members such as these.
Hopefully, in time, they will prove me wrong. And if not, nine members’ terms will expire next year, and a second chance will be granted.
For the record, as pulled directly from the article, the board is as follows:
The appointees to terms that will expire on October 1, 2005 are:
- Dr. Waymon Burke of Huntsville , Calhoun Community College
- Joe Collazo of Huntsville, Vice President of Callazo Enterprises, Inc.
- Jack Lee of New Market, President of Lee & Associates, LLC
- Gary Marcrum of Birmingham, President of Marcrum Management Company
- J. Garrett Martz of Huntsville, President and CEO of ELMCO, Inc.
- Roy Nichols of Huntsville, Chairman of the Board of Torch Concepts, Inc.
- Walter Penry of Daphne, Retired State Representative
- Mayor Loretta Spencer of Huntsville
- John Stallworth of Huntsville, President and CEO of Madison Research Corporation
Appointees whose terms will expire on October 1, 2009 are:
- Margie Cumbie of Huntsville, assistant to the Director of Community and Legislative Affairs at the Computer Sciences Corporation
- James L. Flinn, III of Huntsville, Deputy to the Commanding General , U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
- Colonel Roosevelt J. Lewis, Jr. of Montgomery, Owner of Air Tuskegee, Inc. and the American Consulting Group, SSG
- Colonel Albert L. Patterson, III of Enterprise, President of Navigator Development Group, Inc.
- Todd Slyman of Madison, General Partner in the Slyman Investment Group, Ltd.
- Jimmy Ray Smith of Decatur, Vice President of Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Inc.
- William H. Stender, Jr. of Huntsville, CEO of CAS Weapons System Analysis, Inc.
- Irma Tuder of Huntsville, President and CEO of Analytical Services, Inc.
- Sidney White of Madison, President and General Manager of White, Fleming & Company, P.C.