As part of the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Space Camp will again hold a silent auction. Items donated by individuals and corporations will be on display during the ceremony where people will be able to bid on them. But, just like in 2010, you don’t have to be present to have a chance at something amazing.
Because Space Camp has received so many great items from some various generous donors, some items have been made available to the world at large on eBay.
There are 13 auctions in total:
- “Right Stuff Field Geologists,” a print from astronaut and artist, Al Bean
- Two books by former NASA administrator Michael Griffin, signed by the author
- A 2009 Mattel Barbie reissue of “Astronaut Barbie” from 1965, new-in-box, signed by astronaut Jan Davis
- The book Falling to Earth, signed by authors Al Worden and Francis French
- A tour of Bryant Denny Stadium and a 2011 BCS National Championship Football
- “The Great Moment,” a print from the late Paul Calle
- “A Smile as Big as the Moon” memorabilia, including a copy of the script signed by the cast
- A framed page from a checklist used aboard STS-41
- A first aid kit signed by Apollo 13 astronaut Fred Haise
- An Omega Speedmaster Professional “Moonwatch”
- Space Camp Parent/Child package
- A football signed by Joe Namath
- Skylab Expedition 1 patch, signed by astronaut Paul Weitz
These are really fantastic items that only make me more excited to see what will be auctioned off during the Hall of Fame ceremony!
All proceeds go directly to help provide scholarships so kids can attend Space Camp!
Auctions are running from now until 9pm CDT on June 15, 2012.